Sunday, November 25, 2012

Rouge Bunny Rouge Metamorphosis Mattifying Primer Review

Good morning all! Hope you had a safe and fun Black Friday/Saturday! I know I did, although I can't say I did any shopping.... I tend to procrastinate. Anywho, on with the review!


Today our featured product is Rouge Bunny Rouge's Metamorphosis Mattifying Primer.


Description per the RBR website:

The feather-weight texture of our Mattifying Primer miraculously gives your skin a velvet matte suede glow; it removes the unwanted shine completely and evens out your skin tone.

The enriched formula, including moisturising and soothing actives such as Allantoin and Meadowfoam Seed Oil, 
smoothes fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin E fights free radicals and has anti-oxidant and anti-ageing properties.

Pores are tightened without the shocking sensation of a stiffening mask. Instead, you will actually feel the nourishing care of the weightless fluid, and see the transformation promised by many but achieved effortlessly by … Metamorphoses.

Do the RBR descriptions enchant you as they do me? Their products sound good enough to eat! 

I came across this product after using & loving their Aqua Primer but was yearning for something slightly more mattifying as the summer months commenced. As you can see from my half-empty bottle, I have loved the effect this gave my skin! I found that immediately upon application, similar to the Aqua Primer, it has a cooling effect which feels extremely refreshing- especially when my face feels puffy in the morning. It immediately melts into the skin and provides, as RBR states, a "velvet matte suede glow". Not dewy at all, yet not deathly matte. It lies somewhere in the grey area between making my skin satiny and soft as a baby's bum. What I especially love about this primer is the way it makes my makeup last longer, my pores more refined, and my skin velvety without compromising the glow I crave. There is nothing I fear more in the winter than a dull complexion- well fear not my friends, this will make your skin appear alive and fresh. I also appreciate the care RBR puts into their ingredients (which I will include below). Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Vitamin E, and Glycerin hydrate while bee's wax creates a natural barrier, keeping moisture under the skin while making a fabulous base for the makeup. 

I can highly recommend this primer to this with normal, dry, or combo skin. I think especially oily complexions may need something a tad heartier in the oil-control department. Expensive it is, yes, at $55.00, but a pea sized amount is plenty for a full face-I'm five months in and my bottle is still going strong! 

RBR is available at rougebunnyrouge.com, zuneta.com, & beautyhabit.com





Ingredients:  

AQUA, SILICA, NYLON-12, OCTYLDODECANOL, LIMNANTHES ALBA SEED OIL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CERA ALBA, ALLANTOIN, GLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, CARBOMER, METHYLPARABEN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN

*All items were purchased with my own money for purposes of review 

No comments:

Post a Comment